Apr 23, 2010

Earth Day

Matayo, Emily and Isabelle and their preschool teacher Sue Duda are shown in this Brainerd Dispatch photo at the Earth Day Fair and Living Green Expo Thursday at Central Lake College. The children were lunching on healthy treats from the Crow Wing Food Co-op, the vendor next door. According to earthday.org, here are what some people across the globe are doing nearly every day to help our environment: • “I never throw clean water down the drain. It goes into a bucket to be used for watering plants or filling the kettle.”• “I am trying to eat only seasonal homegrown vegetables and recycling as much as possible.”• “I'm using environment-friendly cosmetics for my daughter.”• “I am encouraging all my friends to recycle by starting a “how green is your bin” promotion. I am also shopping at charity shops and not buying new to reduce the demand for production.”• “I use stair cases to reach my home on the fifth floor of my apartment, which keeps me fit, reduces electrical consumption and contributes to the reduction of carbon emission.”